If you haven’t started watching Orphan Black/have been living under a rock for the past two years, this trailer is your sign to start watching immediately.
BBC America has finally released a full Orphan Black Season 3 trailer complete with both Project LEDA and Castor clones, and it couldn’t be more nerve-wrecking and fantastic. Prior to this trailer, we were given short 15-second clips showcasing the four main Leda clones (Sarah, Cosima, Alison, and Helena) declaring that they are each not your “property”, “experiment”, “toy” and “weapon”.
Tensions are running high and emotions are askew in this latest trailer. We get glimpses of all our favorite Leda clones, Rachel included. No word yet on who the major players against the heroines will be, though there’s sightings of two angry-looking formidable men. The latest conspiracy to be uncovered, Project Castor, introduces us to a new age of clones, four of which we get to see in the trailer. Nothing seems to be uncertain and everyone seems to be left in the dark; as it seems, no one is safe from twists and deceptions of all the major players, including characters we may have trusted in the past. As Sarah wisely puts it at the end: “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”
The ending of Season 2 left us all in shock and anxiety as we were given horrible cliffhangers and uncertainties for all the clones. Cosima is still as sick as ever, formerly dependent on Kira’s blood marrow (before Rachel got mad and basically smashed it all into the ground). Our lovable Helena has been captured by the military in a project aided by Mrs. S and Big Dick Paul (sorry, the nickname’s never gonna change). Rachel was shot in the eye with a pencil as part of Sarah’s effort to escape Dyad (also part science experiment). And Sarah herself is at the center of all this pandemonium, recently discovering a separate government project called Project Castor and a whole new set of clones (played by Ari Millen). The only one whose life seems to be relatively stable (to what it was before, at least), is Alison; her marriage with Donnie has been reinvigorated post Leekie-burial.
Let’s dissect this trailer bit by bit:
- Cosima is without her nasal cannula! Could this mean full recovery? (c’mon, the answer is obviously yes)
- RACHEL APPEARANCE – our favorite sexy/suave/sophisticated clone straight out of “Cold Bitch Digest” appears to be getting her one functional eye checked, as the other “injured” one is concealed under a thick layer of wraps. She doesn’t look too happy, but I’m confident she’ll get her mo-jo back soon enough
- Mrs. S explains to a heartbroken and angry Sarah that she made a wartime decision in turning over Helena. In doing so, she has “betrayed” Sarah and her sister. Sarah’s passionate reaction absolutely gets to me; I love the pride and love that she’s developed for her sisters over the past two seasons, especially with Helena.
- Now this is truly crazy: Delphine has traded in her puppy-locks for a more professional straight ‘do. Her appearance on screen is paired along with Felix narrating, “Nothing is benevolent with these people, Sarah, we’ve seen it time and again”, and later with Cosima adding on “We can’t rely on anyone but ourselves.” Could Delphine possibly be working against the clones?
- The long-awaited entrances of the Castor Clones are upon us. As it turns out, they’re all creepy AF. One of the clones murmurs “count your sisters” – as if by counting, it’s gonna be a countdown. Check out a detailed character guide on each of the Castor Clones here: http://clonespiracy.tumblr.com/post/112555633061/project-castor-character-guide-mark-one-of-the
- Art is still here! His relationship with Sarah/Felix is wonderful and I’m glad they’re continuing it into the next season.
- Charlotte (baby Leda clone) is missing from the trailer, though I’m very confident she’ll be playing an important role this season.
- Last but not least, our saving grace and long-lasting symbol of “the comeback”: HELENA. Unfortunately, conditions for her look dismal at the very least, as if she’s not been through enough already. On the bright side, her last line to her perpetrators give me life: “One day, I will keel you all.” Let’s go girl.
As we all know, the wonderful Tatiana Maslany leads the charge on this critically-acclaimed Canadian sci-fi show, playing 12 roles (and counting!). She won’t be clonin’ alone this season, as mentioned before; Ari Millen will be playing the (four confirmed) Castor Clones. Orphan Black has become one of the most revolutionary and progressive shows yet to do date, featuring a wide-range of diversity in the cast and characters, strongholds in controversial ethical debates, and a failure in the reverse Bechdel Test. Alongside Tat’s clones are fearlessly loyal sidekick Felix (Jordan Gavaris), the terrifying mother-mafia Mrs. S (Maria Doyle Kennedy), and love interests Delphine Cormier (Evelyne Brochu), Cal Morrison (Michiel Huisman), and Donnie Hendrix (Kristian Bruun).
What do you guys think about the trailer? What are your thoughts/hopes for this season? Let us know in the comments below!
Orphan Black Season 3 premieres April 18, 2015 on Space (Canada) and BBC America (USA).