Here’s the latest superhero movie news regarding The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Batman vs. Superman. And read my previous “Superhero Movie News” post.
The Amazing Spider-Man
- Shailene Woodley had been initially cast as Mary Jane Watson in a minor role, but her scenes were cut. If Mary Jane appears in the third movie, then the role will most likely be re-cast with a different actress.
- Andrew Garfield has no plans to sign on for a fourth Spider-Man movie, although two more sequels to next year’s Amazing Spider-Man 2 are planned for 2016 and 2018.
- Sony is planning for two spin-off movies that will focus on Venom and the Sinister Six. The news about a Sinister Six movie means that Jamie Foxx, who plays main villain Electro in Amazing Spider-Man 2, may continue to be involved in future Spider-Man movies. Electro is a core member of the Sinister Six in the comics.
- Watch the first international trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 here.
Batman vs. Superman
- Batman vs. Superman, the upcoming sequel to Man of Steel, is getting a script rewrite by the guy who wrote Argo, Chris Terrio. Although Terrio won an Academy Award for Argo, it was also his debut script. David S. Goyer wrote the original Batman vs. Superman script, as well as the script for Man of Steel.
- Variety is reporting that Joaquin Phoenix is being considered for the role of Lex Luthor, one of Superman’s best known and biggest adversaries. Speculation is that Lex Luther will be Batman vs. Superman‘s main villain. A previous rumor was going around that Denzel Washington was being eyed for the part.